The Solway Sharks IHC are currently looking for new board members with the skills and vision to help drive the club forwards towards even greater success. If you have a few hours a week free together with the desire to succeed and an interest in sport why not apply following the instructions below or contact us and arrange to meet with us for an informal talk.
Solway Sharks Board Member.
(Please note that this is a voluntary position)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday 15th June.
Interviews dates, times and place will be advised thereafter.
Please submit your application to Les Maxwell – e-mail address: email@example.com
Please include a CV or a letter setting out how you would meet the requirements of the role
Ice hockey is the world’s fastest team game, full of skilful stick handling, tactics, speed and grit.
In the UK, ice hockey is a large spectator sport, has both amateur and professional leagues and embraces some 12,000 participants from ‘grass roots’ to national team levels.
The Solway Sharks Ice Hockey Club competes in the second tier of British Hockey (ENIHL1) and have achieved significant success over a number of years. The Club is celebrating its twentieth year
of operation this coming season, demonstrating the sustainable way in which we operate. We are members of Scottish Ice Hockey–UK and Ice Hockey UK.
The Solway Sharks Board are looking to appoint Board Members with relevant experience that will strengthen the knowledge and skills base of the Board.
The Board usually holds monthly meetings throughout year.
ROLE DESCRIPTION – Solway Sharks Board Member
• To act as a Board Member of the Solway Sharks in the best interests of the Board with honesty and in good faith.
• To use personal and professional skills together with such contacts, experience and judgement as s/he may possess with integrity and independence to optimize both the shortterm
and the long-term performance of the Solway Sharks.
• To play a full part in enabling the Board to arrive at balanced and objective decisions in the performance of its agreed role and functions, in line with the Clubs Constitution.
• To bring knowledge and experience from his/her professional background and qualifications for the benefit of the Club and the sport as a whole;
• To bring knowledge and experience from his/her professional background specific to commercial expertise.
• To work with colleagues to undertake any specific project agreed by the Board to support the activities of the Club.
• To report to the Board on progress and any other issues which may arise from the work of any such Committee or project; and
• To represent the Solway Sharks where appropriate at relevant meetings, conferences and/or other events, as may be requested by the Chairman from time to time.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Required key skills, experience and qualifications:
• Professional experience and relevant qualifications in the specified field.
• Experience as a director, trustee or committee member in a commercial, voluntary or public sector context.
• Experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work positively within a team.
• Ability to develop effective, sustainable partnerships within the sport and with key stakeholders.
• Ability to support, challenge and work collaboratively.
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications:
• Working knowledge of sport.
• Experience of speaking in public and to the media.
Required behavioral competencies and qualities:
• Strategic perspective and vision.
• Drive and commitment; and the ability to demonstrate these attributes to others.
• Commitment to the sport and the organisation.
• Strong intellectual and analytical abilities.
• Innovative thinking, with ability to focus on the issues to be dealt with dynamism, enthusiasm and energy.
• Resilience and ability to make things happen.
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
• Willingness to be an ambassador for the Solway Sharks and the sport as a whole.